COE & CDC Procedures
We have two methods of applying for seafarer documents:
- You can apply online using our online databasehttp://www.sknseafarers.comif you have already received a password and username. This method is currently used by our Maritime Registrars only. If you are a Maritime Registrar and you do not have a username or password, or you have lost your username and password, please contact our Seafarers Department by email email@example.com
- All other applications, please follow the instructions below.
A Seafarer requiring a Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC) or a Certificate of Endorsement (CoE) from St Kitts and Nevis International Ship Registry (SKANReg), shall apply as below:
The following are to be submitted:
- Application Form A15 (Application for Seafarers Documents) This Application Form should be downloaded from our websitehttp://www.stittsnevisregistry.net
- Copy of passport – showing personal details of Applicant as per those entered on this Application Form
- 2 x Passport size photos – with applicants name printed on the reverse. Please see attached link for the standard requirements for these photos –http://www.photomat.eu/PLE03_web_Mar05.pdf
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate (the medical examination must be carried out no more than 18 months before this application)
- Copies of training certificates (if applying for CDC only)
- Payment & Proof of payment of fees
- Security Awareness Certificate
- Any other documentation SKANReg may deem necessary for this application (if requested)
In addition – for Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC)
- Current CDC (if requesting renewal/replacement)
In addition – for Certificate of Endorsement (CoE)
- Copy of current Certificate of Competency (CoC)
- Copy of current additional Endorsement (GMDSS, Tanker, etc) (if applying for this)
- Proof of Sea Service – copy of sea service certificates or pages from seamen’s book showing personal details and ranks served.
- Current CoE (if applying for extension)
- All information must be printed in CAPITAL LETTERS in black ink or by typing.
- Failure to complete the Application Form fully or submit the required documentation may result in rejection or delays in processing.
- Applicants must sign in the box shown, keeping their signature within the box lines.
- Passport – This must be a National Passport. If a National Identity Card or Seamen’s Passport is submitted, this must be recognised by the issuing authority as a travel document i.e. can be used in lieu of a National Passport.
- Applicants may initially submit their application by scanning the Application Form and supporting documents and submitting by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The original can be forwarded by mail/courier.
- All supporting documents submitted must be clear copies and legible.
- For an up to date status on the IMO & Whitelist seewww.imo.org
- Endorsements issued by SKANReg will have the same expiry date as the Certificate Whose recognition they attest, up to a maximum of 5 years.
- Applicants for Endorsements, must be in possession of, or have applied for, a St. Kitts & Nevis CDC.
- Application Fees will NOT be returned if incorrect information or documentation is submitted.
- For more information see the website www.skanregistry.com
- Seafarers working on St. Kitts & Nevis fishing vessels are not required to have their Certificates of Competency issued under STCW-F endorsed according to STCW 78 (as amended) but are to apply for CDC.
The applications may be submitted to the office of the Department of Maritime Affairs, Maritime Registrar of St. Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry for that region or to SKANReg direct . Where applications are made to a Maritime Registrar they shall check the originals and certify the copies as true copies
The Certificate of Endorsement shall only be issued after due verification by St. Kitts and Nevis International Ship Registry (SKANReg), of the authenticity of the documents submitted by the applicant.
If a negative answer regarding the authenticity of a document submitted in support of an application is received from the Administration/Issuing Authority the seafarer will be barred from obtaining an SKN certificate or any endorsement for 10 years from the date of the application and on conviction be liable to a fine according to the applicable provisions of the Merchant Shipping Act Cap. 7.05. SKANReg will inform IMO of such debarring.
REVALIDATION OF COE'S
Seafarer’s may apply to SKANReg for revalidation for their Certificate of Endorsement (CoE) as soon as their Home Country Certificate of Competency (CoC) has been revalidated by the Flag Administration who issue it:
The procedure is as follows:
- Submit via a Maritime Registrar (MR) to the Seafarer’s Registration Department at SKANReg Head Office, a clear copy (by fax/email) of the revalidated home CoC.
- Payment of appropriate fees (Q-Form).
- SKANReg will check the validity of the revalidated CoC with the Home Country.
- When revalidation is authenticated, SKANReg will authorise the MR to revalidate the CoE on the reverse, with the new expiry date.
- MR to sign and stamp reverse of CoE accordingly.
- MR will send a copy of reverse of CoE showing revalidation to SKANReg Head Office.
- Where the CoC has been reissued by the Home Country with a serial/issue number different to that of the original CoC (this can be in cases where this is the Home Countries policy or a new CoC has been issued for a higher rank) this should be treated as a new application for a CoE.
The process then is as follows:
- After checking the application the MR may issue a Certificate of Processing an Endorsement (CPE) and then forward a copy of the CPE and the CoC to the Seafarers Registration Department at SKANReg Head Office.
- Payment of appropriate fees (Q-Form).
- SKANRegwill check the validity of the revalidated CoC with the Home Country.
- When the CoC is authenticated, SKANReg will issue a new CoE and forward to the MR for passing to the seafarer.
A person is qualified as an officer where he holds a Certificate of Competency issued by St. Kitts & Nevis or a Certificate of Competency, which has been duly recognised and endorsed in accordance with the STCW Convention 1978 as amended, in one of the following capacities -
- Chief Mate;
- Officer in charge of a navigational watch;
- Chief Engineer Officer;
- Second Engineer Officer;
- Officer in charge of an engineering watch; or
- Radio Operator
- Electro-Technical Officer (III/6)
Every rating forming part of a navigational watch on a ship of 500 GT or more, other than ratings under training and ratings whose duties while on watch are of an unskilled nature, shall hold a St. Kitts & Nevis Certificate or one issued by or under the authority of another STCW country.
Every rating forming part of an engine-room watch or designated to perform duties in a periodically unmanned engine-room on a ship powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW propulsion power or more, other than ratings under training and ratings whose duties are of an unskilled nature, shall hold a St. Kitts & Nevis Certificate or one issued by or under the authority of another STCW country.
- Every ship shall carry a person or persons -
- qualified for distress and safety radio communication purposes and
- who are holders of a Radio Operators certificate issued by St. Kitts & Nevis or one issued by or under the authority of another STCW country, as appropriate and one such person shall be designated by the master to have primary responsibility for radio communications during distress incidents.
- On Area A1 ships the person mentioned at (1a) above shall hold at least a GMDSS Restricted Operator's Certificate (ROC)
- On ships operating in Areas A1/A2, A1/A2/A3 and A1/A2/A3/A4, the person mentioned at (1b) above shall hold a GMDSS General Operatorâ€™s Certificate (GOC)
St. Kitts & Nevis does not issue Certificates of Competency or require Endorsements for the following seafarers:
- Refrigeration Engineer
- Chief Steward
- Crane driver
- Entertainment & Hotel Services Staff
THESE SEAFARERS DO NEED A CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE AND IDENTITY DOCUMENT (CDC).
INDIAN SEAFARERS - INDOS NUMBER (INDIAN DEPARTMENT OF SHIPPING NUMBER)
As a matter of bilateral understanding with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) in India, it has been agreed that to assist the DGS all Indian Seafarers applying for our seafarers documents, MUST have an INDOS number-
Use of the Indos number allows us to check the validity of Certificates of Competency online, which speeds up the issuing of Certificates of Endorsement.
PLEASE BE GUIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Steps to Register
(c) “C.D.C” means a Continuous Discharge Certificate-cum-Seafarer's Identity Document.WHO issued CDC? ›
CDC is issued by the Government of Country, to which a Seafarer belongs. A CDC keeps record of all the ships sailed by a Seafarer during his Merchant Navy career. CDC once issued is valid for 10 years. A Seafarer or Seaman can apply for revalidation of the CDC, 12 months before expiry or after CDC has expired.What is required for CDC approval? ›
Register for an NSW Planning Portal accounts to start your application. Log in to complete the online application. You will need to submit a certificate of title, site plan, design plans, structural plans and building specifications, and any other documents the council or certifier requires.How do I get CDC approval? ›
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Create an account on, or log into, the NSW Planning Portal.
- Enter the required information.
- Upload the requested documentation.
- Review and confirm all the information you've provided.
- Complete the declarations.
- Submit your application.
Certificate of Endorsement (CoE)Why is CDC needed? ›
Continuous Discharge Certificate or CDC is a seafarer's identity document like passport issued by his country. Every seafarer must carry this document while on board, which is also an official and legal record of his sea experience. Without a CDC, a person is not eligible to work onships.What is the use of CDC? ›
As the nation's health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.What is CDC certification? ›
The certification documents provide the factual basis for a security accreditation decision. CDC officials must have the most complete, accurate, and trustworthy information possible to make credible, risk-based decisions on whether to authorize system operation. A system can be accredited for as long as three years.What is difference between CDC and Council approval? ›
A Complying Development Certificate (CDC) is assessed by a private certifier (rather than your local council) and is judged against a set development standard known as a Code. The Code is a statewide planning control, so there are no differences in planning codes between different local council areas.What is the difference between CDC and DA approval? ›
Difference between DA and CPC
– Designs that do not comply with CDC can potentially be approved by the council. – The council allow more leniency in certain areas, whereas CDC is very strict. – Much faster than applying through DA. – Applications can be accepted before registration of the land.
To get a certificate of completion with continuing education (CEU), you must log in to CDC's Training and Continuing Education Online site, register for the course, complete a course evaluation*, and take a post test. Follow the steps below: Login or create a new account on TCEO (cdc.gov/GetCE)How long is CDC application? ›
The Low Rise Housing Diversity Code (Code)
A complying development approval can be issued within 20 days if the proposal complies with all the relevant requirements in the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008 (Codes SEPP).
How long will it take to get my CDC issued? If you are looking at a Complying Development approval (CDC) the industry standard for this is 10 days from the time that the certifier obtains all the documentation.What is COE and COC? ›
citations of STCW Regulations reflected on Certificate of Competency (COC), Certificate of Endorsement (COE), Certificate of Proficiency (COP) issued by this. Authority shall be the corresponding main REGULATIONS equivalent to the training.Is COE and COC the same? ›
STCW Certificate of Endorsement (CoE) or Recognition endorsement certificate is issued against your CoC submitted, as official recognition of the validity of your CoC certificate, by another IMO member Flag State Administration.Is COE different from clearance? ›
COE is not a clearance. It is not a recommendation or endorsement. It is not a certificate of good moral character or good standing. And it is also not a waiver on the part of the employer/employee of his right to file a claim or legal action againts employee/employer.What is CDC process? ›
Change data capture (CDC) refers to the process of identifying and capturing changes made to data in a database and then delivering those changes in real-time to a downstream process or system.What is the CDC and what do they regulate? ›
CDC is responsible for controlling the introduction and spread of infectious diseases, and provides consultation and assistance to other nations and international agencies to assist in improving their disease prevention and control, environmental health, and health promotion activities.What is the purpose of the CDC and when was it created? ›
The Public Health Service established the Communicable Disease Center (CDC) in 1946 to work on malaria, typhus, and other infectious diseases. The center was located in Atlanta (rather than Washington, DC) because the South was the area of the country with the most malaria transmission.What is CDC in simple terms? ›
The CDC works with state health departments and other organizations throughout the country and the world to help prevent and control disease. The CDC is part of the U.S. Public Health Service of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Also called Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
There are multiple types of change data capture that can be used for data processing from a database. These include log-based CDC, trigger-based CDC, CDC based on timestamps and difference-based CDC.What is difference between CDC and SCD? ›
Change Data Capture (CDC) quickly identifies and processes only data that has changed and then makes this changed data available for further use. A Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) is a dimension that stores and manages both current and historical data over time in a data warehouse.How can I get CDC certificate in India? ›
Who is eligible for an Indian CDC? Crew registered via recruiting and placement service supplier must hold Directorate General (DG) approved STCW 2010 and INDOS number can apply for an Indian Seaman's Book. Crew must have completed minimum qualification of SSC (10TH STD) and should be medically fit.What is a CDC certificate? ›
Complying Development Certificate (CDC) is a combined planning and construction approval process. It is designed to enable straightforward development applications to be fast-tracked. It can be conducted by either your local council or a private certifier. As a result, the process is faster than a DA.What does it mean to be CDC certified? ›
The certification documents provide the factual basis for a security accreditation decision. CDC officials must have the most complete, accurate, and trustworthy information possible to make credible, risk-based decisions on whether to authorize system operation. A system can be accredited for as long as three years.Is Indian CDC mandatory? ›
Every seafarer must carry this document while on board, which is also an official and legal record of his sea experience. Without a CDC, a person is not eligible to work onships. CDC is mandatory to work on ships. It is also compulsory for Merchant navy job.How long is CDC valid? ›
The complying development certificate (CDC) is valid for 5 years from the date endorsed on the CDC. The CDC will not lapse if the approved development has been physically commenced before the CDC has expired.What is the fees for CDC? ›
Fees for Five Basic STCW Courses is 22,000 INR only with Hostel/accommodation.How long does it take to get Indian CDC after approval? ›
INDIAN CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate)
PROCESSING TIME – CDC/Seaman Book will be issue within around 30 days, this will be valid for 10 years.
Our job is to prevent, detect, and respond to diseases wherever they are so that diseases don't come into the United States. CDC provides domestic and international leadership, as well as laboratory and epidemiology expertise, to respond and work toward eliminating every disease we can.
As the nation's health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.What is the difference between CDC and OSHA? ›
The CDC's main role is to make sure nurses and other healthcare professionals know how diseases are spread and how to stop the spread. OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, is the agency that provides regulations for employers to maintain safe working environments for employees.What is the meaning of CDC in healthcare? ›
CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.What documents need CDC? ›
- Original medical fitness certificate.
- Two passport size photographs (3.5 cm X 3.5 cm) in white shirt (in addition to the photo affixed). ...
- One self-addressed Post Card with Rs.3/- (Rupees Three Only) postage stamp affixed.
Standard of Training Certification & Watch Keeping (STCW)-1995 & Issue of CDC to service officers.What is CDC passport in India? ›
A Continuous Certificate of Discharge or Continuous Discharge Certificate (C.D.C.) is a seafarer's identity document issued by his country.